Tuesday 19 June 2007

Rocks upon the shore...



I stumbled upon these rocks, while out walking my dog on Mexico Towans Beach. I'm assuming the cliffs got some good pounding from the latest rush of rainstorms and scattered all through the beach were various rocks, with a huge percentage of it being granite. The scattered rocks were such a lovely sight to see!!

Today, I'd like to share a piece from William Makepeace Thackeray,

"To endure is greater than to dare; to tire out hostile fortune; to be daunted by no difficulty; to keep heart when all have lost it; to go through intrigue spotless; and to forgo even ambition when the end is gained--who can say this is not greatness..."

~The Virginians

3 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

Neat photo. I noticed everyone isn't coming to this beach. However, it looks like two people walking in the far back right hand corner. Is that people?

Unknown said...

Great shot!

Unknown said...

Hi again,

I dropped around to answer the question you left on my blog. I am in a predominantly Inuit town. The picture on the side of the municpal building is of an Inuk hunting a caribou with bow and arrow. This area is home to the George River herd, the largest herd of caribou in the world. Inuit here traditionally hunted caribou by bow. Thus the picture and the answer to your question regarding it's significance.