Monday, 16 April 2007

Farming equipment

This piece of equipment is called a plough, it's used by farmers for preparing the fields prior to planting their crops. Basically they tow it behind the tractor and it leaves furrows behind it. Afterwards they sow the field with whatever crops they decide to grow for that particular year.

Although this particular one seems to have taken on another task, as it hasn't moved from this spot for a long while.


Meg in Nelson said...

Lovely spring colors.

thesalems said...

Wonder if it's retired and just waiting to go to the agricultural museum ???